Portland’s boil order has thankfully been lifted.
Remember to do the following as soon as possible before drinking your water:
1. Flush all cold water fixtures in the home for at least 10 minutes.
2. Raise your water heater temperature to the maximum and let it stay at the hottest temperature for at least 1 hour
3. Flush all hot water lines (including dishwasher and washing machines) for at least 20 minutes.
4. Remove and sanitize all showerheads (especially the plastic ones)
5. Replace all drinking water filtration cartridges and follow manufacturer’s instructions for sanitization.
6. Throw away any ice in your ice maker (put it on your garden) and sanitize the ice container
7. Rinse the water dispenser at you refrigerator.
8. Pay attention in your home for off odors or tastes and consult your local Certified Water Specialist if you have any concerns at all.