RE: AquaMatic Discontinuation
Dear Valued Pentair Customer,
The AquaMatic product line has been a staple in the industry for more than 80 years. First introduced in the late 1930s, AquaMatic Valves and Controls developed a reputation in the market for durability and low lifecycle costs. In 2008, Pentair acquired the AquaMatic product line and has continued to manufacture it at our Brookfield, Wisconsin facility.
At Pentair, we’re continually evaluating ways to improve business processes in order to provide better quality products to our customers, dealers and end-users. Many times, in order for business processes to continually improve, we need to make difficult decisions. Beginning May 27, 2016, we will discontinue production of the AquaMatic Valves and Controls product line.
We will continue to accept orders as we shut down production on the AquaMatic product line, and will support the product in several ways after production ends.
The transition schedule is as follows:
- We will gladly accept and acknowledge orders to accommodate your business needs during this transition. Please note:
- Our last day of shipment will be May 27, 2016. We will accept orders for new valve/control/accessories through March 30, 2016.
- In the next 60 days, please flag any urgent orders placed that are required within the normal expectations of lead time. This will help differentiate between POs placed to build inventory long term for your transitions.
- We plan to produce enough inventory to fulfill orders, taking in to account known outstanding bids that are shared with Pentair. Outstanding bids will be addressed on a case-by-case basis.
- Pricing will remain unchanged at the 2016 pricing levels.
- Pentair will honor its warranties on AquaMatic Valves and Stagers according to its standard Warranty Terms & Conditions.
- Pentair will continue to provide access to current service parts for approximately 5 years. We have attached the list of ongoing service parts for your reference.
- Certifications will remain valid through their current or past certification cycles by their reporting agency. Pentair will not continue certifications for the product beyond any current re-certification cycles.
- We will accept returns, with a prior RMA, for known warranty issues.
- Pentair will continue to offer technical support and application assistance beyond the last production date.
A complete list of SKUs obsoleted by the AquaMatic production shutdown is attached for your reference.
Should you have any questions, or need additional support regarding this transition, please contact your inside sales representative, or our customer care team.
As always, we thank you for your continued support of Pentair products. We appreciate your patience during this transition and look forward to continuing to do business with you in the future.
D. Samuel Karge
Vice President, Water Purification Platform